Why The Super Bowl Is My Favorite Holiday (Yes, it's a holiday!)
10. Commercials, commercials & more commercials
9. No fighting with the hub over what to watch on TV; it’s a given
8. Comfy jersey's and sweats are the must-wear attire, especially this year
7. There are no courses…bring it all on together meal prepped in advance of course.
6. Paper plates, cups, & napkins (No dirty dishes to worry about post-game)
5. Everyone helps themselves...whenever they please
4. No fancy schmancy dishes allowed! Pigs in a blanket, Hero's and bowls of chili
3. It's an excuse to have a drink on a Sunday night
2. Weeknd gets halftime
1. Sloppy Joe Sliders, classic & trendy, and a dish I make over again and again!
*Sloppy Joe Sliders*
Serves - 12
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small yellow onion grated
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
Fixings - Shredded cheddar, coleslaw, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes potato chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap rolls in foil tightly and warm for about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile heat a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high and add ground beef and grated onion and start to brown.
Add in tomato sauce, ketchup and mustard.
Stir around and let simmer for about ten minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
Scoop onto buns and enjoy
*Nic’s Tip – For an adult version, toss away the buns and fill the meat into hollowed out bell peppers. Sprinkle on a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.