Updated: Mar 23
Easy Kid-Friendly Recipe
This just fills in the hole. The hole of, "What to make for breakfast?" during Passover. "What to snack on?" during Passover and simple, "Mom, I'm hungry during Passover!" We started making this recipe a few years back and I actually yapped all about in a News 12 Long Island segment on "Fun With Matzo!" a few Passover's ago.
While this recipe definitely makes an ample amount, don't be surprised if you find yourself making more in a few days and possibly even after the holiday ends. It's really yummy and purely addictive!
Serves - 14
Ingredients - 6 cups Matzo Farfel
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Craisins
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Microwave olive oil and maple syrup together to warm.
3. In a large bowl mix farfel and cinnamon. Pour over maple syrup mixture. Toss until well coated
4. Divide granola and spread out into an even later over the two baking sheets.
5. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes OR until just starting to turn golden.
6. Let fully cool and then mix in white chocolate chips and craisins.
* Serve with milk, yogurt, smoothies or layered in parfaits. Great to nosh on any time!
- 2 extra large baking trays
- large mixing bowl
- microwave safe bowl
- wooden mixing spoon
- measuring cups/spoons
- oven mitts
- parchment paper