Chocolate Chip Protein Loaf
Breakfast or snack
I'm not going to lie, this loaf is a big factor why I am truly a "morning person!"
Fudgy, filling, and fabulous for any weekday or weekend morning. Enjoy with a steamy cup of Joe and a side of fruit to really hit the spot. Remember to bake up your loaf on the weekend and store individually wrapped for a quick grab & go breakfast
For more easy meal planning recipes join me @ The Cooking Lab on January 30th, 2020. For details check out: CLICK HERE
Serves - 4
- 2 cups protein powder (chocolate or vanilla - I use Vega Protein Powder)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- About 2 cups water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- loaf pan
- large mixing bowl
- small bowl (to beat egg)
- wooden mixing spoon
- measuring cups
- oven mitts
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine protein powder and oat flour in a large mixing bowl. Mix in almond milk, water and eggs till it becomes a smooth batter. Fold in half of the chocolate chips. (Add water last as batter should be similar to a cake batter consistency.)
3. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of the loaf batter.
4. Bake 35-45 minutes. (For a more fudgy loaf: bake less time; For cake-like loaf: bake more time.)
5. Remove from oven and let cool. Slice into 4 servings and refrigerate.