Updated: Mar 10
Use Leftover Bananas
Kid-Friendly Breakfast or snack
Embarrassingly enough, I can make this baby with my eyes closed and you will too! It is that easy and that addictive. Plus the feeling of tossing in those expiring bananas is priceless. My two kiddies eat this for breakfast, snack and even dessert.As a matter of fact, I recently made it for Noah's class as part of an "occupation presentation" and the LOVED it. Plan on it disappearing very fast; usually a day...tops!
TREAT YOURSELF! Join me tomorrow at the The Equinox Roslyn for a night out filled with complimentary massages, pilates sessions, wine, samples, coupons and a quickie meal planning workshop to nail your confidence 2020 by yours truly! February 12th, 2020 6pm.
Serves - 8
Ingredients - 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Equipment - loaf pan
- large mixing bowl
l- small bowl (to beat egg)
- wooden mixing spoon
- measuring cups
- oven mitts
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 8X5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl until smooth with melted butter. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. Gently mix in all but a spoonful of chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of the loaf batter.
5. Bake 45-50 minutes or until center is set. Let cool and slice up.