Grab & Go Cashew Crumb Coffee Cake
No Flour Or Refined Sugar
Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
The best part of sleeping over Nana Gladys's, apartment growing up was the box of Entenmann's Crumb Cake that was ALWAYS our breakfast the next morning! I can actually still remember the white powder that dusted her glass kitchen table we would happily wipe up because we would never get that type of morning treat at home. Now mind you, I don't think I have ever met a crumb cake I didn't love and the clearly the crumbier, the better! Naturally, I had to try creating one of these babies on my own and since I am addicted to oat and almond flour these days. I love to make a loaf of this on the weekend and slice it up for busy work weekdays!
Serves - 4
1/2 cup oat flour
1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almond milk
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup cashew butter (or any other drippy nut butter)
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup monk fruit sugar OR coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Topping: 1/4 cup any nut butter melted, 1/2 cup oat flour, 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper (use an overhang to remove loaf easily)
2. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, banana and cashew butter. Add in flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and chocolate chips.
3. Add wet ingredients combine until smooth. Pour into loaf pan and In a small bowl mix together topping ingredients until crumbly. Spread evenly over the top of loaf.
4. Bake loaf for 50-60 minutes until middle is set. Check with toothpick. Let cool and slice up.
* Grab a slice with your coffee in the morning or use as a vehicle with some yogurt and berries for a yummy work lunch!
- loaf pan
- tooth picks
- large mixing bowl & small mixing bowl
- wooden mixing spoon or spatula
- measuring cups/spoons
- oven mitts
- parchment paper