Updated: Jan 15
This dinner evolved from a Sunday night family dinner at a local Korean Restaurant. "Mom, this is the best thing we ever ate!" That's all I needed to hear to start re-creating this gem of a meal as simple and fast as I could while trapping in it's rich flavors and authentic vibe. Hold on tight guys, this meal is going to go over huge in your home too!
For more easy meal planning recipes join me @ The Cooking Lab on January 30th, 2020. For details check out: CLICK HERE
Serves - 4
Ingredients - 1.5 pounds bone-in thick flank style short-ribs OR skirt steak cut into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup yellow OR white miso paste
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar OR mirin
- 2 tablespoons canola OR vegetable oil
****If mixture is to thick, add a little warm water to loosen)
Equipment - large cast iron pan, dutch oven or skillet
- gallon size ziplock bag
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
1. Whisk soy sauce, miso and sugar together until smooth. (Can be made that morning)
2. Add meat to Ziplock and add pour in sauce. Massage through and let marinate in fridge for up to 24 hours.
3. Heat pan on medium-high heat and cook rib in an even layer about 2-3 minutes per side. (You will probably do about 2-3 batches.)
4. Remove from oven and serve with sticky rice, cauliflower rice and/or vegetables.