They weren't always this fluffy. It took a little research and major flops, but finally, I learned the secret trick! Simply, separating the eggs whites, then beating the "whites" until they get inflated with air, is what finally worked wonders! Now, if you don't have a blender or just feel lazy and aren't into cleaning another kitchen tool, I definitely understand. Oh boy, do I! Just whip the egg whites with a whisk until you get a similar result. I love to top mine with fresh fruit and a drizzle of peanut butter powder, but maple syrup is just as delicious!
Serves - 2
Ingredients - 4 Tablespoons Almond Flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 Very Ripe Banana
- 1/4 Favorite Protein Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
-1/4 cup milk or plant based milk if too thick only
*Optional Toppings: PB Powder, Sliced Strawberries, Dark Chocolate Chips, Sliced Bananas
1. Separate eggs into 2 bowls and using a mixer or hand whip whites 3-4 minutes until peaks start to form. (This step is crucial for fluffiness)
2. In a large bowl, whisk together yolks, banana and almond flour. Add egg whites until combined. If too thick, add milk and mix until smooth.
3. Lightly spray a large skillet and scoop batter up with measuring cup and drop onto the skillet.
4.) Cook until golden on medium-low about 2-3 minutes flipping in the middle.
* Serve with milk, yogurt, smoothies or layered in parfaits. Great to nosh on any time!
- large skillet
- whisk or blender
- large bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- sharp knife