- 8 slices whole wheat potato bread (If you can’t find potato then use regular whole wheat)
- 8 slices yellow 2% American cheese
- 4 slices Munchee Cheese (I find this in my supermarket’s deli department; Swiss is delicious as well)
- 2 apples (My daughter likes the Pink Lady)
- 4 tablespoons butter (Studies do show that butter has many healthy factors including antioxidnets against free radical damage, prevents tooth decay, has Vitamin A which contributes to healthy skin and eyes)
1.) Wash apples, core and cut each one into bit-sized chunks. (You should have approximately 16 chunks in total.)
2.) Butter each piece of bread with 1/2 tablepsoon of butter.
3.) Place 2 slices of the American Cheese and 1 slice of the Munchee cheese on 4 slices of the unbuttered side of the bread.
4.) Sandwich the remaining unbuttered pieces of bread on top of the cheese and place gently onto a warm large skillet.
5.) Watch carefully until the grilled cheese becomes golden brown and then flip it over for another 3-4 minutes until cheese becomes gooey and sandwhich looks toasty.
6.) Once finished, place on to a cutting board and slice each sandwich in half and then follow with quarters. Slice those quarters in half one more time producing 8 pieces in total per sandwich.
7.) Start to thread your wooden or metal skewers alternating apple and sandwich until you have four of each one per stick.
8.) Plate on any colorful tray of your choice and serve!
* Feel free to use any sliced melting cheese OR fruit of your choice!