“Recently at the gym, a friend asked if I ever indulge in my dishes…my answer was simple….ABSOLUTELY! While I typically don’t polish off a huge bowl of Pesto Pasta in one sitting, I ALWAYS and MUST try everything (Or I certainly could not share it with you!) However, as we (unfortunately) know “Portion is Key” and that is whey I love these “Cashew Coconut Chicken Skewers.”
You can eat 4 of them which is literally only 1 chicken breast, but they are so tasty and have the PERFECT balance of salty/sweet flavor!”
- 2 tablespoons Cocunut Oil (Found at Whole Foods, it is an unbelievable source of vitamins & minerals AND studies show it raises your metabolism too..WOW)
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Milk (I like the Blue Diamond Brand found at must supermarkets and health food stores. Use leftovers for a change in your ceareal, coffee and smoothies; it has less calories than skim milk and tastes delicious.)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts + plus more for topping (Salted is fine.)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch strips (Should be about 12-14 pieces.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- lime wedges for garnish
1.) Place first six ingredients in a small food processor and combine; it should have a thickish consistency. (This is a perfect one for the Magic Bullet! I will say it over and over what a great investment this gadget is…you will save tons of time in the kitchen.)
2.) Put your chicken into a large Ziplock bag and pour all but a 1/4 cup of sauce inside the bag….extra sauce goes into a small bowl in fridge.
4.) Massage until all the chicken is coated and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to marinate. (The more time the merrier.)
5.) Thread the chicken onto skewers and heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat. (Always make sure your skewers have been soaked in water prior to using them which will eliminate them from burning in the pan.)
6.) Add half of olive oil and line up the chicken on the pan.
7.) Cook half the skewers for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
8.) Follow up with the remaining chicken until ALL has been fully cooked.
9.) Reheat the satay sauce and ENJOY with sizzling chicken!
***Garnish your plate with some crushed cashews and lime wedges!!